Location: Portland, Oregon
You take care of patients.
We'll take care of everything else.
You've spent years learning and training to provide outstanding care for your patients. That's why our model lets you focus on taking care of them. Our physicians have wrap-around practice and administrative support to do many of the things that aren't clinical, from answering emails to providing follow-up instructions, to helping secure social services for your patients.
We take care of you, too, with exceptional compensation packages, market-leading retirement contributions, gold-star health benefits, generous PTO, sabbatical opportunities, continuing medical education time and allowance, and leadership development through our in-house Northwest Permanente University.
Our integrated model fosters an environment that encourages and rewards innovation, providing our staff with ample opportunities to explore their interests. A recipient Healthgrades 50 Best Hospitals awards, Vohs and Lawrence awards, and 3-star ratings from Society of Thoracic Surgeons (to name just a few), we put innovative ideas forward while doing the right thing for patients. And we want your voice at our table.
Working for Northwest Permanente, you'll enjoy:
- 21% employer contribution to retirement programs, including pension (This is not a match; NWP contributes 21% of clinician earnings to retirement programs regardless of employee contribution)
- Up to 95% employer-paid, best-in-class health plans for employee and dependents
- Relocation allowance
- Leadership opportunities
- Paid annual education leave + allowance
- Shareholder opportunities
- Paid sabbatical after attaining shareholder status
- Salary range of $427,500 to $626,000 depending on experience and qualifications
Required Qualifications/Position Description:
We are seeking an American Board Eligible/Board Certified Orthopaedic Surgeon with fellowship training and/or significant experience in lower extremity adult reconstruction to join our Joint Commission Accredited Center for Hip and Knee Replacement.
Our adult reconstruction surgeons enjoy a state-of-the-art hospital on our Hillsboro campus, which is one of the highest volume centers for hip and knee replacement surgery in the pacific Northwest.
Practice details include:
- 5 fellowship trained Adult reconstruction primary and revision total joint surgeons, 8 Primary total joint surgeons
- Two facilities including a hospital and surgery center; approx. 80 percent same day discharges with full PA rounding and dedicated OR support
- Minimal call duties with mostly low energy trauma/hip fractures/periprosthetic fractures
- 15-20 percent hip and knee revisions with excellent pathology
- Focus on providing evidence based, system/protocol based total joint care with continuous monitoring of quality-based outcomes
- Excellent integration with large multi-specialty group with great support from anesthesia/medicine and other sub-specialties to provide best patient care
- State of the art facilities with access to best performing implants, access to robotic joint replacement
- Robust joint registry available for research with research support
- Future opportunity for resident education with Oregon Health Sciences University
- Competitive compensation with excellent benefits
- Excellent work life balance.
Join our medical group
Northwest Permanente is a physician-led, multi-specialty group of 1,500 physicians, surgeons, clinicians, and administrative staff caring for 630,000 Kaiser Permanente members in Oregon and Southwest Washington. Kaiser Permanente is one of the nation's pre-eminent health care systems, a benchmark for comprehensive, integrated, value-based, and high-quality care.
Why Northwest Permanente Physicians Work Here
Practicing in an integrated health care model like ours means that our clinicians have instant access to dozens of specialties, which allows for a level of collaboration and comprehensive treatment not found just anywhere. But don't just take our word for it. Hear what NWP physicians have to say about the collaborative environment they work in, and how this model not only makes their jobs easier -- it makes them better doctors.
Why NWP is a B Corp
Being a certified B Corp is important to Northewest Permanente because B Corp is the only certification group that measures a company's entire social and environmental impact and performance. Certification doesn't just provide third-party proof for where companies currently excel; it also commits companies to their mission for the long term. Finally, the B Corp focus on transforming the global economy to benefit all people, communities, and the planet aligns with our organizational values of compassion, inclusion, and ownership.
Fun fact: We were a Best for the World honoree, which places us within the top 5% of all B Corps globally (5,000 plus and counting), in the workers category -- for the 4th year running.
Learn more about B Corp and what we're doing to make the world a better place in our Annual Impact Report.
Equal Opportunity Employer
At Northwest Permanente, we are committed to providing an environment of mutual respect where equal employment opportunities are available to all applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy (including childbirth, lactation, and related medical conditions), national origin, age, physical and mental disability, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information (including characteristics and testing), military and veteran status, and any other characteristic protected by applicable law. Northwest Permanente believes that equity, inclusion, and diversity among our employees are critical to our success, and we seek to recruit, develop, and retain the most talented people from a diverse candidate pool.
For more information about this position, contact Senior Physician Recruiter, Shana Klemchuk: Shana.T.Klemchuk@kp.org
Learn more about the Portland area: Portland, OR: Find the BEST of Portland Travel & Tourism. (traveloregon.com)
Learn more about the Salem area: Welcome to the Most Oregon part of Oregon. | Travel Salem | Travel Salem
Learn about the Longview, Washington area: Longview, WA - Community Video Tour (elocallink.tv)
Compare cities: Best Places to Live | Take our quiz to find your perfect place (nextdiggs.com)
Lower extremity adult reconstruction patient care.
American Board certified/eligible in Orthopaedics
Fellowship training in adult reconstruction or commensurate experience