Location: Atlanta, Georgia
Discover Your Career at Emory University
Emory University is a leading research university that fosters excellence and attracts world-class talent to innovate today and prepare leaders for the future. We welcome candidates who can contribute to the diversity and excellence of our academic community.
The Department of Anesthesiology at the Emory University School of Medicine is seeking board eligible/board certified anesthesiologists to join our Emory University Hospital Midtown Surgical Specialties team.
Staffed exclusively by Emory University School of Medicine faculty, Emory University Hospital Midtown is a tertiary-care medical center in the heart of midtown Atlanta. Our team performs 22,000 anesthetics per year and serves a unique mix of academic and community providers. Emory University Hospital Midtown Maternity Center also has a growing obstetrical service approaching 6,000 deliveries per year.
As a member of the faculty, physicians actively engage in the tripartite mission delivering high-quality clinical care, participating in innovative research, and educating medical students, future anesthesiologists and anesthetists.
Emory University's anesthesiology program includes 48 residents and 20 fellows in ACGME programs such as cardiac, critical care, OB and pain medicine.
- OR case mix includes general surgery, ENT, orthopedics, gynecologic surgery, urologic surgery, plastic surgery, surgical oncology, vascular surgery, neuro-spine surgery, oromaxillofacial surgery, the radiology suite (interventional, MRI, CT), and the endoscopy suite (gastroenterology and pulmonary)
- Obstetrical service covers 18 delivery rooms and 5 obstetrical operating rooms
- Robust and collaborative care team model provides exceptional resources and peer support.
- Medical Direction: 1:2, 1:3.
- Faculty supervise anesthesia residents on advanced OB and ENT rotations, as well as OMFS residents in the main OR
- Full call responsibilities split between main OR and L&D
- Salary is rank-based with additional productivity-based compensation for call and evening/weekend work.
- D., D.O., or foreign equivalent.
- Eligible to apply for a medical license in the state of Georgia.
- American Board of Anesthesiology board certified/eligible.
- Experience with OB anesthesia a plus
- Initial academic rank is based on prior experience and a detailed CV review - positions available for appointment at the rank of Assistant Professor, Associate Professor or Professor.
- Criteria for faculty appointment include excellence across clinical care, clinical teaching, and scholarly activity.
As a member of #TeamEHC, you play a vital role in defining a new standard of care for humankind. We are pleased to recognize your contributions with a benefit package that offers a robust and highly competitive selection of medical, dental, vision, retirement, disability and other work/life benefits for you and your loved ones.
- Benefits begin day of hire
- Matching 403b
- Paid Malpractice provided
- Access to University facilities and resources
- Emory University Courtesy Scholarship benefits for eligible faculty and their family members
Atlanta provides modern big-city amenities with southern charm, hospitality and a low cost of living. Besides a thriving arts scene, the city also offers world class restaurants, sporting events, historical museums, great school systems, the World of Coke, The Georgia Aquarium and an abundance of cultural attractions. Other features include nationally ranked private and public universities, the countries busiest international airport, and ample opportunities for outdoor recreation. Atlanta's central location also allows drivable access to the Gulf Coast and Florida beaches, Tennessee mountains and even North Carolina skiing. You will love Atlanta.
Emory Healthcare, part of Emory University, is the most extensive health care system in Georgia. We are made up of 11 hospitals, the Emory Clinic, and more than 250 provider locations. The Emory Healthcare Network, established in 2011, is the largest clinically integrated network in Georgia, with more than 2,800 physicians concentrating in 70 different subspecialties.
Emory Healthcare is an integrated academic and community healthcare system committed to providing the best care for our patients, educating health professionals and leaders for the future, pursuing discovery research in all of its forms, including basic, clinical, and population-based research, and serving our community. As the clinical enterprise of the Robert W. Woodruff Health Sciences Center of Emory University, Emory Healthcare is dedicated to the unifying core purpose, core values, and strategic direction of the Robert W. Woodruff Health Sciences Center.
Emory Healthcare is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer committed to providing employment opportunity without regard to an individual's age, color, disability, gender, gender expression, gender identity, genetic information, national origin, race, religion, sex, sexual orientation, or veteran status.
Interested applicants should email their CV and Letter of Interest to:
Amit Prabkakar, M.D., firstname.lastname@example.org
Division Chief, Emory University Hospital Midtown Surgical Specialties
Department of Anesthesiology, Emory School of Medicine
Emory Supports a Diverse and Inclusive Culture
To ensure the safety of our campus community, the COVID-19 vaccine is required. For more information on the University and Hospital policies and potential exemptions, please see our website.
Emory University is dedicated to providing equal opportunities and equal access to all individuals regardless of race, color, religion, ethnic or national origin, gender, genetic information, age, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, and veteran's status. Emory University does not discriminate in admissions, educational programs, or employment on the basis of any factor stated above or prohibited under applicable law. Students, faculty, and staff are assured of participation in University programs and in the use of facilities without such discrimination. Emory University complies with Executive Order 11246, as amended, Section 503 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, the Vietnam Era Veteran's Readjustment Assistance Act, and applicable executive orders, federal and state regulations regarding nondiscrimination, equal opportunity and affirmative action. Emory University is committed to achieving a diverse workforce through application of its affirmative action, equal opportunity and nondiscrimination policy in all aspects of employment including recruitment, hiring, promotions, transfers, discipline, terminations, wage and salary administration, benefits, and training. Inquiries regarding this policy should be directed to the Emory University Department of Equity and Inclusion, 201 Dowman Drive, Administration Building, Atlanta, GA 30322. Telephone: 404-727-9867 (V) | 404-712-2049 (TDD).
Emory University is committed to providing reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with disabilities upon request. To request this document in an alternate format or to request a reasonable accommodation, please contact the Department of Accessibility Services at 404-727-9877 (V) | 404-712-2049 (TDD). Please note that one week advance notice is preferred.