Location: Portland, Oregon
You take care of patients.
We'll take care of everything else.
You've spent years learning and training to provide outstanding care for your patients. That is why our model lets you focus on taking care of them. Our physicians have wrap-around practical and administrative support to do many of the things that aren't clinical, from answering emails to providing follow-up instructions or treatment, to helping secure social services for your patients.
We take care of you, too, with exceptional compensation packages, market-leading retirement contributions, gold-star health benefits, generous PTO, sabbatical opportunities, continuing medical education time and allowance, and leadership development through our in-house NWP University.
Working for Northwest Permanente, you'll enjoy:
- 21% employer contribution to retirement programs, including pension (this is not a match. NWP contributes 21% of clinician earnings to retirement programs regardless of employee contribution)
- 90%+ employer paid health plan
- Student loan assistance programs
- Relocation allowance
- Generous sign-on bonus
- Leadership opportunities
- Paid annual education leave + allowance
- Shareholder opportunities
- Paid sabbatical after attaining shareholder status
- Salary range of $219,000 to $248,800
Required Qualifications/Position Description:
- Provide cross-coverage across designated regional service areas
- Give recent physician residency graduates clinical experience in an outpatient setting
- Provide clinical education
- Provide a positive care experience to members. Meet the needs of paneled members in a way that supports the PCP/member relationship
- Engage in telehealth and digital health. Follow all departmental guidelines and expectations for scope of practice
- Offer additional educational opportunities by allowing the provider to attend appropriate CME courses and stay current on efficient use of EMR systems
Join our medical group:
Northwest Permanente is a physician-led, multi-specialty group of 1,500 physicians, surgeons, and clinicians, caring for 630,000 Kaiser Permanente members in Oregon and Southwest Washington. Kaiser Permanente is one of the nation's pre-eminent health care systems, a benchmark for comprehensive, integrated, value-based, and high-quality care.
Why NWP Physicians Work Here
Practicing in an integrated health care model like ours means that our physicians have instant access to other specialties, which allows for a level of collaboration and comprehensive treatment not found just anywhere. But don't just take our word for it. Hear what Northwest Permanente physicians have to say about the collaborative environment they work in, and how this model not only makes their jobs easier; it makes them better doctors. Why I work here: physician/clinician video profiles | Northwest Permanente - Physician Careers | Northwest Permanente - Physician Careers (nwpermanente.com)
Why NWP is a B Corp
Being a certified B Corp is important to Northwest Permanente because B Corp is the only certification group that measures a company's entire social and environmental impact and performance. Certification doesn't just provide third-party proof for where companies currently excel; it also commits companies to their mission for the long term. Finally, the B Corp focus on transforming the global economy to benefit all people, communities, and the planet aligns with our organizational values of compassion, inclusion, and ownership. Learn more about B Corp and what we're doing to make the world a better place in our Annual Impact Report.
Equal Opportunity Employer
At Northwest Permanente, we are committed to providing an environment of mutual respect where equal employment opportunities are available to all applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy (including childbirth, lactation, and related medical conditions), national origin, age, physical and mental disability, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information (including characteristics and testing), military and veteran status, and any other characteristic protected by applicable law. Northwest Permanente believes that equity, inclusion, and diversity among our employees are critical to our success, and we seek to recruit, develop, and retain the most talented people from a diverse candidate pool.
For more information about this position, contact Physician Recruiter, Bridgitte Ngo: Bridgitte.A.Ngo@kp.org
Learn more about the Portland area: Portland, OR: Find the BEST of Portland Travel & Tourism. (traveloregon.com)
Learn more about the Salem area: Welcome to the Most Oregon part of Oregon. | Travel Salem | Travel Salem
Learn about the Longview, Washington area: Longview, WA - Community Video Tour (elocallink.tv)