Start the day excited to make a difference...end the day knowing you did. Come join our team.
Full-time Faculty, Mary Washington Family Medicine Residency Program
The Family Medicine Residency Program at Mary Washington Healthcare in Fredericksburg, VA is seeking to hire a full-time faculty member to join our multidisciplinary team. Our Family Medicine (FM) Residency is starting with our first class of residents in June of 2023. Our 6-6-6 residency is located halfway between Richmond, VA and Washington DC, serving a diverse patient population of both urban commuters and a more rural local community. Our program will have a focus on providing a wide scope of services for all ages including perinatal care, Family Medicine office procedures, and integrated behavioral health.
It is the mission of the Mary Washington Family Medicine Residency Program to develop competent and confident Family Physicians that will succeed in all domains of Family Medicine. We will provide comprehensive training in a rigorous academic environment, supported by a successful health system committed to growing primary care physicians. We strive for excellence in improving the health of our diverse community while training residents to do the same.
Our faculty will:
* provide direct patient care
* supervise Family Medicine residents in the outpatient FM clinic, inpatient at Mary Washington Hospital, and at the local nursing home
* do scholarly activity, including advising residents on Quality Improvement projects and other scholarly work
* serve as general advisors and mentors for residents
* lead all curriculum required for residency education
Preferred interests include, but are not limited to:
* Women's health
* Prenatal care/Obstetrics, including seeking privileges to deliver
* Procedures, including LARC, POCUS, injections and other common outpatient procedures
* Osteopathic medicine
* Pre-doctoral (medical student) education
* Sports medicine
* Addiction medicine
* Community health
As a core faculty member, this individual will be an integral member in the Family Medicine Residency and will be allotted dedicated administrative time to participate in all the responsibilities of training residents.
Faculty applicants must be graduates of an ACGME-accredited Family Medicine residency, or on-track to graduate in June 2023. They must also be board certified by the ABFM or AOBFP or on-track to sit for Boards in Spring 2023. Applications should consist of a letter of interest, curriculum vitae, and two references, including one from the applicant's current residency director, employer, or Department Chair.
As an EOE/AA employer, the organization will not discriminate in its employment practices due to an applicant's race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, and veteran or disability status.