Location: Renton, Washington
Internal Number: TELEH02175
Washington Permanente Medical Group (WPMG) is a clinician-led, self-governed and independent multi-specialty group practice, providing care to the more than 700,000 Kaiser Permanente patients in Washington state. We work unencumbered by traditional health care obstacles and without silos; prioritizing people over profits, collaboration over ego, and driven by a singular goal: our patients' health. At WPMG, we take care of the whole person, with a team to address the fundamental, social, and emotional needs that contribute to total health. We are clinicians motivated by the desire to make a purposeful difference in the communities we serve, and in how health care is delivered.
Kaiser Permanente-Washington Permanente Medical Group is seeking Family Medicine trained physicians to join our WPMG the Get Care Now team.
As a condition of employment, all clinicians and employees are required to verify COVID-19 vaccination status. As part of the pre-boarding process and before starting work, you will be required to verify your vaccination status, and will be provided an opportunity to apply for an accommodation based on a religious or medical reason, if needed.
Compensation and Benefits
The entire salary range for the clinician position is $248,597 to $292,463 and will be prorated based on FTE. Placement of new hires will be in the range of $248,597 to $277,840 based on factors such as education, training or experience.
Employees (and their families) are covered by medical, dental, vision, basic life, and disability insurance. Employees are able to enroll in our company's 401k plan, receive employer contributions to the 401(k) plan, and enroll in our cash balance pension plan. Employees will also receive four weeks of paid vacation leave every year and eight paid holidays throughout the calendar year, and will receive continuing medical education leave and funding.
The Telehealth Clinician provides "on-demand" video and phone visits to members who are able to launch these encounters from their Kaiser MyChart site or application. The clinician may also participate in the design of and staffing for new member-facing video on-demand service. The position may also be asked to participate in other Solution Center functions to support patient care in the department, including real-time consultations to RN staff, backing up Care Chat with online text-based patient care, e-visits, and reviewing lab and radiology results.
PRINCIPAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
* Provides patient care "on-demand" via video and phone to members who are able to launch these encounters from their Kaiser MyChart.
* Participates in problem-solving of consumer complaints.
* Actively participates in initiatives to increase patient access. May also participate in the design of and staffing for new member-facing video on-demand service.
* Arranges follow up as needed and not where unnecessary
* Partners with patients in the management of care.
* Ensures all pertinent patient care information is documented in the patient medical record in accordance with current standards and masters the appropriate technology to perform tasks.
* Promotes the use and understanding of evidence-based medicine to provide high-quality service to patients.
* Complies with all state and federal regulations, in addition to KPWA practice and compliance standards.
* Seeks and offers appropriate and timely consultations consistent with protocols.
* Orders medication within the prescriptive authority and promotes the use of the KP formulary.
* Orders referrals, lab, pharmacy, and radiology tests appropriately.
* May be asked to participate in other Solution Center functions, including but not limited to:
o Provide real-time consultations to CNS RN staff related to the appropriate triage for and treatment of consumers who call the Consulting Nurse Service.
o Back up Care Chat doing online text-based patient care during volume surges.
o Complete e-visits.
o Review and act upon laboratory and radiology results.
* Practices in accordance with WPMG and KFHPWA approved procedures, guidelines, and protocols
* Actively works to learn and apply new skills
* Understands and incorporates concepts of evidence-based medicine and resource stewardship
* Willing to try new things and participate in LEAN improvement efforts supports clinical initiatives, and other process improvement activities
* Ensure an optimal clinical experience for the patients throughout the episode of care and with service-oriented coordination of care, where patients come first.
* Ensure specialty referrals are appropriate for the diagnosis and meet the guidelines in Quick Care Guides for each specialty.
* Seek or provide appropriate consultation with colleagues.
* Provides after-hours critical lab and radiology consultations.
* Demonstrates knowledge of and participates in KP business initiatives.
* Regularly attends and participates in team meetings.
* Supports goals of the department.
* Other duties as assigned.
KNOWLEDGE & SKILLS
Teamwork and Collaboration
* Advanced Clinician Communication skills with patients and peers/coworkers in a virtual work environment.
* Ability to communicate effectively with patients, clinicians, families, nursing, and all levels of clinical staff.
* Demonstrates flexibility and ability to work effectively as a team member.
* Ability to work shifts as scheduled, which includes working with colleagues in the staffing/working of all shifts; shifts may vary, and include weekends, and holidays. Night shifts are a future possibility.
* Knowledge of and continued exposure to process flows and care coordination across KPWA Care Delivery are essential.
* Demonstrates consistent and reliable diagnostic and therapeutic judgment.
* Knowledge of virtual visit exam skills
* Understanding of virtual visit etiquette
* Demonstrates ability to virtually assess patients and resolve medical problems to the greatest extent safely appropriate
* Ability to work with ambiguity when following evidence-based guidelines and safety standards
* Ability to use and understand the resources available at various KP facilities and become familiar with the level of care available at each.
* Ability to become familiar with resources available to KPWA members outside the Core service areas and advise the use of in-network resources
* Ability to use and maintain electronic medical records in a manner that protects the confidentiality of the patient and ensures the security of medical records.
Equity, Inclusion, and Diversity
In our local communities and across the nation, Kaiser Permanente sets the standard for respectful care. With multicultural staff, equity, inclusion, and diversity councils, medical interpretation resources, outreach efforts, educational programs, and more, Kaiser Permanente puts people first in our medical centers and beyond.
As part of Kaiser Permanente, Washington Permanente Medical Group (WPMG) seeks to create equity in our communities, eliminate health disparities, and always put patients--the heart of everything we do--first.
Following the guidelines in our National Diversity Agenda, every member of our team strives to:
- Provide culturally responsive and appropriate medical care to improve the health and satisfaction of all people in our increasingly diverse membership
- Recruit and retain clinicians and staff that enhance our workforce
- Grow our membership by providing exceptional service and clinical care to all communities in our region
Creating a diverse workforce, an inclusive environment, and equitable opportunity for employment, growth, and advancement are deeply linked to our mission, our business, and our economic future. WPMG continues to add programs that build and maintain a workplace where we engage with our members, communities, and each other--with dignity, respect, and cultural understanding.
Equal Employment Opportunity
As part of our commitment to our employees and the members and patients we serve, we integrate diversity into all aspects of our operations. Maintaining a workforce with industry-leading levels of diversity through deliberate planning, development, and outreach is critical to fulfilling our mission, sustaining our business objectives, and providing the best level of care to our members and patients. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran, or disability status.