Location: Wilmington, Delaware
Nemours Children's Hospital, Delaware, in Wilmington, is currently seeking a Division Chief to lead the Division of Ophthalmology.
The Division Chief will lead a collaborative team of 4 Pediatric Ophthalmologists, 1 Optometrist and additional support staff. This is an exciting opportunity to help expand a comprehensive Pediatric Ophthalmology practice in the Delaware Valley. Academic appointment at Thomas Jefferson University is commensurate with experience. Candidates interested in research would enjoy Nemours' high clinical volume and network provided by a major collaborative enterprise institutional database.
- Demonstration of a strong commitment to medical education.
- Interest in developing and implementing evidence-based care models and outcomes to ensure delivery of high-quality, cost-effective healthcare using quality measures and performance improvement.
- Interest in scholarly activity as evidenced by recent scholarly publications, including participation in specialty society organizations and/or peer-reviewed research funding and active involvement with national or regional professional societies preferred but not required.
- Interest and experience in working with a population inclusive of economic, health, and educational disparities.
- Cultural sensitivity, appreciation, and interest in improving the health of an underserved population.
This is a rare opportunity to step into a busy practice in one of the Northeast's most desirable communities. Located in the Northeast corridor, Wilmington provides limitless cultural and professional opportunities given its easy access and proximity to major metropolitan areas while being nestled in the bucolic Brandywine Valley. As the center of commerce and culture in Delaware, Wilmington combines the amenities and excitement of big-city living with the peace and charm of a small town.
Nemours Children's Health is an internationally recognized, multi-site pediatric healthcare system built upon a centralized, efficient and collaborative infrastructure committed to improving the health of all children. The mission of Nemours is to improve the health and health care of children by seeking new approaches to the prevention, diagnosis, and treatment of childhood diseases, and to educate the next generation of leaders in children's health.
As one of the nation's premier pediatric health care systems, Nemours provides world-class clinical care in four states - Delaware, Florida, New Jersey and Pennsylvania. Located in Wilmington, Delaware, Nemours Children's Hospital, Delaware offers intensive and acute inpatient and outpatient services covering more than 30 pediatric specialties. Ranked among the nation's best in pediatric specialty care by U.S. News & World Report, this world-renowned teaching hospital has served children from 42 states and 14 nations. Extending the world-class care of Nemours Children's Hospital, Delaware, the Nemours Children's Clinic provides expert care for even more children across the Delaware Valley through community-based physician service.