Location: Fairbanks, Alaska
Make your move to Alaska! Experience the midnight sun in the summer, a front-row seat to the northern lights in the winter, and the opportunity to advance your career as you broaden your scope of practice.
Foundation Health Partners is actively recruiting a PM&R Physician to join our comprehensive pain management clinic in Fairbanks, Alaska. As part of a rural health system, you will have the opportunity to manage aspects of care that might not be possible in larger settings, allowing you to round out your skills and expand your breadth of experience.
Join a well-established pain management clinic located on the Fairbanks Memorial Hospital campus. This position will be part of a multidisciplinary team devoted to the art of pain management: diagnosing, managing, and treating chronic pain conditions and neurological disorders. As an organization, we believe in treating pain with conservative measures whenever possible. However, when more aggressive treatment is needed, we offer a range of interventional pain management procedures including epidurals, nerve blocks, and radio frequency ablation.
- Compensation: $300k base salary, wRVU production paid at $83.47 after 3,594. 2-year salary guarantee of $350k. $65k sign-on bonus. Eligible for an annual $10k physician incentive quality metric bonus.
- Schedule: Four 10-hour shifts per week. No on-call requirement. 7 weeks PTO plus 2 weeks for CME.
- Team: Partner with a multidisciplinary pain management team to include physical therapists, osteopathic physicians, behavioral health professionals, and anesthesiologists.
- Clinic: Our newly renovated outpatient procedure suite is fully equipped with state-of-the-art machinery to include a C-arm and RFA machine.
Foundation Health Partners:
Foundation Health Partners is a community-owned and operated health system in Fairbanks, Alaska, comprised of 3 facilities, including Fairbanks Memorial Hospital, Tanana Valley Clinic, and Denali Center, a long-term care facility. As the most advanced medical facility for hundreds of miles, we are highly committed to treating the medical needs of everyone who comes through our doors.
FHP is proud to offer its providers:
- Professional autonomy and clinical work freedom.
- Strong commitment to work-life balance. Not just words, our leadership values your time.
- Comprehensive benefits package and a competitive base salary with scalable income opportunities.
- $5,000 Paid CME per year, licensure reimbursement, and paid malpractice insurance.
- Opportunity to collaborate with the state's most extensive multidisciplinary health system.
- Consult, collaborate, and access Mayo Clinic resources through FHP's partnership with Mayo Clinic Care Network
- EMR goal - one patient, one chart, one bill.
- 501(c)(3) non-profit status = eligible for Public Service Loan Forgiveness (PSLF).
Submit your CV for confidential consideration to Mikki Bateman, Provider Recruiter, at 907-458-2729 or firstname.lastname@example.org Visit our website at Physicians of Foundation Health Partners - Foundationhealthpartners Foundation Health Partners is an EEO/AAP employer.
Living in Fairbanks:
As the second largest city in Alaska, Fairbanks offers a unique blend of large-town amenities, breathtaking landscapes, and plenty of wide-open space, making this community one of the most special in the country. With a rich history and plentiful diversity, Fairbanks is proud to be called the Golden Heart City, and only once you visit will you understand the name to be true.
- Second largest city in Alaska at 100,000 residents.
- College Town - University of Alaska Fairbanks, UAF Community & Technical College
- Military Community - Ft. Wainwright Army Post & Eielson Air Force Base.
- 23 Elementary Schools | 4 Middle Schools | 5 High Schools | robust youth sports programs
- No state income tax and no sales tax.
Summer activities: Midnight sun, hiking, fishing, camping, gold panning, kayaking, berry picking, community-wide festivals, and events.
Winter activities: Northern lights, skiing, snowshoeing, snowmobiling, hockey, curling, ice fishing, dog mushing, hunting, ice art, etc.
Must apply for and maintain Medical Staff membership and clinical privileges at appropriate facilities if required by Physician's employment agreement. The right candidate will have a commitment to quality healthcare, critical communication abilities, desire to work as a team, excellent interpersonal skills, and willingness to improve practices consistently.