Location: Wilmington, Delaware
Nemours is seeking a Community Health Coordinator.
The Community Health Coordinator (CHC) is responsible for providing administrative support to the Community Health team. The CHC partners with the Community Health Educators (CHE) to provide the initial outreach to offer CHE services to eligible patients, sites and communities, completing administrative tasks as needed. This role also coordinates events and timing around CHE for our primary care practices and providers for families using whatever venue is convenient for the family and the team. The CHC is available to answer the phone lines, retrieve voice mail messages, update reports, review referrals and assist in the planning and distribution of staff to appropriate venues. The CHC will work in partnership with the Community Engagement and OHEI teams to ensure CHEs are aware of and included in events with health education needs.
- Collaborates with CHE Team to coordinate and organize events, dates and times for group and individual education sessions.
- Under the direction of the CHE Manager, assists with initial outreach to sites, providers, community-based organizations and individuals.
- Assists CHEs with scheduling and coordination of materials and events.
- Handles inbound and outbound calls for services to schedule for team or individual CHE
- Keeps an organized and prioritized list of events for potential CHE inclusion with notes around logistics, potential barriers and needs.
- Assists CHE team with procuring community resources.
- Answers CHE phone and retrieves voice mail messages.
- Documents accurately and thoroughly all transactions regarding care and status that occur.
High School Diploma required
Associate's degree preferred, but not required
Individuals with healthcare or high intensity event experience may be considered.
Experience within community engagement or event planning environment preferred.