Location: St. Louis Park, Minnesota
Internal Number: R0019842
University of Minnesota Physicians (M Physicians) is a non-profit organization seeking driven individuals in both clinical and non-clinical areas to help transform health and medicine. Headquartered in Minneapolis, our organization employs more than 1,200 physicians, 300 advanced practice providers and 2,200 health professionals and staff throughout Minnesota and beyond.
Join us on a mission to advance medicine.
The Department of Neurology at the University of Minnesota and UMPhysicians is recruiting a full-time epilepsy neurologist. Highly qualified candidates who are committed to excellence in patient care, possess strong clinical skills and have an interest in clinical investigation and education are encouraged to apply. This is a clinical track position.
- Provide comprehensive outpatient and inpatient care to people with epilepsy as part of a multi-disciplinary team. Our program offers a full scope of diagnosis and treatment to people with epilepsy including ambulatory EEG, inpatient and outpatient video-EEG, intracranial recording and advanced MRI and functional imaging. Treatment includes neuromodulation (VNS, DBS, RNS), resective surgery, and neuroablative surgery. Our epilepsy team includes two RNs, two APPs, an epilepsy directed pharmacologist and neuropsychologist as well as four fellowship trained epilepsy neurosurgeons. We are a NAEC level IV center.
- Approximately ten weeks of inpatient care per year covering EMU and ICU video-EEG monitoring. Outpatient clinics at our newly renovated St Louis Park and University Clinical and Surgery Center Clinics.
- Supervision and training of medical students, residents and fellows
- Opportunity to collaborate with innovative neuroscience physician, biomedical engineer, and pharmacology researchers on clinical trial research and other academic activities.
- Graduate of an accredited Neurology residency training program and Board Certified or Board Prepared with the American Board of Medical Specialties or American Osteopathic Association. Graduate of Epilepsy fellowship and board Certified or Board Prepared for Epilepsy Subspecialty
- Licensed or ability to obtain Minnesota Board of Medical Practice Licensure
- Ability to obtain and / or maintain DEA certification for the State of Minnesota
- Meet threshold criteria/qualifications for Credentialing and Privileges.
- Excellent teaching and interpersonal skills
Our benefits package was recently recognized for its competitive and inclusive nature. Some highlights include:
- Comprehensive medical and dental insurance plans
- As a 501(c)(3) non-profit organization, we are a qualified employer for the Public Service Loan Forgiveness Program
- Best in industry 401K employer contribution
- Concierge services and a well-being allowance
More information can be found here: UMN Benefits and M Physicians Benefits.
M Health and Clinical Partnerships
Providers practice at affiliated locations under the M Health Fairview shared care delivery system. This partnership represents a collaboration between University of Minnesota Physicians, University of Minnesota Medical Center and Fairview Health Services to build a nationally known academic health system that combines academic and community resources to provide the very best clinical care to patients and communities, while also supporting research and education across the joint healthcare delivery system.
University of Minnesota
The University of Minnesota is among the largest and most prestigious public research universities in the nation. The University Medical School is a world-class institution with a long history of leadership and discoveries that have changed the practice of medicine. The nearly 3,000 outstanding faculty members are committed to achieving excellence in research, clinical care, and developing the next generation of health professionals.
We are based in Minneapolis and consistently ranked as one of the best places to live in America by U.S. News & World Report. The Minneapolis-St. Paul area offers a high quality of life and a low cost of living. You'll find excellent school systems, a robust economy, an award-winning culinary scene, museums of all types, outstanding theaters, and a reliable international airport. If you love the outdoors, you can enjoy all four seasons with the plethora of lakes, parks, and some of the country's best bike trails!
M Physicians offers competitive salary and excellent benefits and provides you with the opportunity to enhance your career in the exciting field of health care through rewarding and challenging assignments and the opportunities for advancement.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, sex, gender, gender expression, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment.