The Policy & Procedure Operations Coordinator (PPOC) reports to the Harris Health System Director of Policy and Procedures and is responsible for providing administrative and day-to-day operations support for the Harris Health System Office of Policy and Procedures (OP&P). The PPOC coordinates, facilitates, supports, and serves as the recorder and record keeper for all assigned executive and departmental level meetings, training, workgroups, conferences, educational activities, and taskforces. The PPOC facilitates OP&P processes and procedures assigned to support departmental goal attainment, and projects/programs owned and/or governed by the OP&P, as assigned. In addition, to administrative support, the PPOC has responsibilities for event planning and implementation; management of the project/program administrative logistics; coordination, facilitation, and preparation of minutes, recordings, and meeting materials. The PPOC assists with the coordination of and/or development and maintenance of OP&P databases and electronic repositories supporting departmental program/project activities. The PPOC has advanced skills in active listening, communication, information gathering, organization, persistence, visual interpretation, and exhibits personal effectiveness through initiative and self-motivation. The PPOC maintains professional growth and development; upholds high standards of integrity and ethical behavior mentors others, role models professionalism, and promotes a customer-friendly environment for both internal and external clients by utilizing ServiceFirst behaviors while interacting with patients, visitors, and staff members.
1. Education/Specialized Training/Licensure:
a. Four (4) year Bachelors Degree in related field with three (3) years commensurate administrative support experience; Associates Degree in related field with five (5) years commensurate administrative support experience required; OR a minimum of Seven plus (7+) years demonstrable commensurate administrative support experience. Bachelors Degree preferred.
2. Work Experience: Three plus (3+) years office operations management experience; work history in medical/educational related environment required. Program/project management experience preferred. Minimum of three (3) years demonstrable SharePoint operations and management experience require.
3. Management Experience: N/A
4. Equipment Operated: Various office equipment: fax machines, computers, printers, copiers, scanners, etc.
5. Skills/Knowledge: SharePoint, Excel, Microsoft Word, InfoPic, Adobe Pro, Microsoft Project, Visio, and InfoPath.
1. Communication Skills: Above Average Verbal (Heavy Public Contact) Exceptional Verbal (e.g., Public Speaking) Writing /Composing: Correspondence / Reports
2. Other Skills: Analytical, CRT, Dictation/Transcription, Design, Medical Terms, Mathematics, PC, Research, Statistical, Typing 60 wpm, Word Proc
3. Work Schedule: Flexible; Eligible for Telecommute
4. Other Requirements: Must be able to work in a team environment; ability to adjust individual work assignments/priorities to accommodate/assist with those of other staff or the demands of the department (as assigned/on own initiative). Must be able to work with executive level staff members.
The Harris Health System is a fully integrated healthcare system that cares for all residents of Harris County, Texas. We are the first accredited healthcare institution in Harris County to be designated by the National Committee for Quality Assurance as a Patient-Centered Medical Home, and are one of the largest systems in the country to achieve the quality standard. Our system includes 23 community health centers, five school-based clinics, a dental center and dialysis center, mobile health units, a rehabilitation and specialty hospital and two full-service hospitals.Ben Taub Hospital is a world renowned Level I Trauma Center with 586 licensed acute-care beds and provides a wide range of specialty care outpatient services. Lyndon B. Johnson Hospital is a 328 licensed bed acute-care hospital with a newly expanded Level III trauma center and a distinguished regional center for neonatal intensive care for high-risk deliveries.Harris Health is a teaching system for Baylor College of Medicine and The University of Texas Health Science Center at Houston (UTHealth). We train the next generation of healthcare providers on the latest medical procedures and technological breakthroughs.With... our fully integrated electronic medical records system, we offer patients the convenience and assurance that their medical history is accurate, safe and available when and where it is needed. Our Medical Home designation ensures that we offer a full range of preventive, specialty and acute care services for the entire family.