Good health care is key to a good life. At Banner Health, we understand that, and that's why we work hard every day to make a difference in people's lives. Do you like the idea of making a positive change in people's lives - and your own? If so, this could be the perfect opportunity for you.
This leadership position will be get to lead the Care Transformation strategy for specialist networks in Maricopa and Pima counties. This is an exciting opportunity for an innovative and driven individual. This role will build and coach a team of field staff to support specialty care transformation work. Becoming a leader of our Care Transformation team will offer an innovative and exciting opportunity to the individual that receives the role.
Your pay and benefits are important components of your journey at Banner Health. Banner Health offers a variety of benefits to help you and your family. We provide health and financial security options so you can focus on being the best at what you do and enjoying your life.
Your pay and benefits are important components of your journey at Banner Health. This opportunity includes the option to participate in a variety of health, financial, and security benefits. In addition, this position may be eligible for our Management Incentive Program as part of your Total Rewards package. Banner Health Network (BHN) is an accountable care organization that joins Arizona's largest health care provider, Banner Health, and an extensive network of primary care and specialty physicians to provide the most comprehensive healthcare solutions for Maricopa County and parts of Pinal County. Through BHN, known nationally as an innovative leader in new health care models, insurance plans and physicians are coming together to work collaboratively to keep members in optimal health, while reducing costs.
POSITION SUMMARY This position has primary responsibility for ensuring the organization is well positioned to deliver highly reliable and value based, multidisciplinary clinical care within the Banner Health Network (BHN) and Banner Health's affiliated entities, with a specific focus on measuring quality of outcomes and reducing total medical cost. This position leads programs, processes, and implementation strategies to deliver superior quality outcomes, strong financial performance, and ensuring overall operating effectiveness and strategic positioning through increased reliability. The position works collaboratively and serves as a change agent and key resource to leaders, physicians, and other stakeholders to proactively identify, communicate, and implement strategic and operational frameworks to improve clinical performance and effectiveness across BHN.
CORE FUNCTIONS 1. Oversees the successful implementation and operations of programs in collaboration with leaders, physicians, and teams across the continuum. Oversees the integration, coordination, and implementation of clinical delivery improvement efforts and develops Clinical Transformation tools, processes, and plans to increase clinical care efficiency and effectiveness across BHN and BUHP provider.
2. Leads the analysis and evaluation of clinical outcomes, financial and clinical operational performance, and business planning necessary to delivery excellent, high value patient care to ensure continued growth. Uses forecasting and advanced data modeling techniques to proactively identify improvement opportunities and program development. Ensures consistency in methodology, processes, outcomes, and timelines for new and existing clinical delivery improvement programs, services and projects. Monitors and measures qualitative and quantitative improvements achieved.
3. Leads high performing teams who collaborate closely with front-line staff, leaders, and physicians across the network to deliver results. Coaches and directs team members to be change champions and transform how others across the organization learn and work. Inspires the teams to adopt a mindset of innovation and manage and solve complex problems. Collaborates and leverages resources and capabilities across multi-disciplinary teams. Promotes high performance expectations and influences leadership/management team(s). Sets clear expectations and holds team members accountable for producing desired outcomes. Provides coordination and oversight of implementation of improvements with leadership, facility administration, and physicians.
4. Responsible for maintaining financial stewardship with an emphasis on providing efficient utilization of resources (maximizing operating margin), while leading specialized multidisciplinary teams to reduce clinical and operational variation to ensure a highly reliable clinical delivery model for BHN and Banner Health's affiliated entities.
5. Builds, supports and manages effective relationships with internal and external stakeholders. Creates a collaborative environment despite ambiguity and uncertainty in the various stages, providing tools and resources to address the needs of teams and work groups. Maintains a service excellence culture creating an environment of high employee engagement to include ongoing and meaningful communication and promoting a culture of inclusion. Serves as a change champion.
6. Manages the work of others, which includes performing recruitment, selection, training, and evaluation efforts. Responsible for managing personnel and functional areas within the team. This includes day-to-day management of people, coordinating and assigning tasks, assuring timely completion of goals, directing solutions to business needs, communicating, and resolving issues.
7. This position has direct leadership accountability for the implementation and oversight of strategic and operational frameworks to improve clinical performance and effectiveness across BHN. This position requires the skill to negotiate, partner with and influence all levels of leaders and physicians, as well as the ability to solve problems through innovative solutions and the ability to inspire others to think creatively. This position interacts with all levels of management, physicians, and employees. Implements a network wide focus of performance excellence ensuring a highly reliable clinical delivery model for BHN and Banner Health's affiliated entities. This position is accountable for leading assigned operational planning, consistent with System-wide priorities, to identify and reach short and long-term goals.
Performs all functions according to established policies, procedures, regulatory and accreditation requirements, as well as applicable professional standards. Provides all customers of Banner Health with an excellent service experience by consistently demonstrating our core and leader behaviors each and every day.
Bachelor's Degree in a relevant field or equivalent level of education and experience.
Expert-level working knowledge of principles, practices, and operations in assigned or related area of responsibility as normally obtained through a minimum of five years of progressively responsible managerial experience, including a minimum of two years management level experience within a healthcare system setting or large multi-operational, complex corporate environment. Must demonstrate expert-level knowledge and awareness of area of expertise in designated facility, business entity or area and/or experience in which the knowledge, skills, and abilities are directly transferrable. Proven track record of driving successful performance outcomes and accomplishing organizational goals. Must demonstrate skills and business acumen through direct leadership experiences such as: Anticipating and responding to the needs of internal and external customers; managing a budget and financial plans; building partnerships with management, staff, and stakeholders to achieve department goals and objectives; managing problems and situations where uncertainty is inherent; persuading others to adopt a particular stance on an issue; developing and evaluating best practices and emerging trends for organizational applicability and appropriateness; constructing new and innovative solutions for complex and varying problems and situations while considering the larger perspective or context; mentoring and coaching staff by providing open and honest feedback to enhance performance; developing and implementing strategic goals and initiatives that support organizational success; demonstrating excellent human relations, organizational and communication skills; demonstrating a passion about continuously improving and providing high quality care and service excellence to customers, patients, families, employees and/or physicians.
Demonstrated human relations and communications skills to collaborate in a highly matrixes organization highly preferred. Experience working in an integrated, multi-hospital system, or managed care organization is highly preferred.
Additional related education and/or experience preferred.
Internal Number: R27501
About Banner Health
You want to change the health care industry – one life at a time. You belong here. You’re excited to be part of the dramatic changes happening in the health care field. In fact, you thrive on change. But you also understand that excellent, compassionate patient care is the true measure of the success of these changes. You belong at Banner Health. Our award-winning, comprehensive health system includes 23 hospitals in seven western states, primary care health centers, research centers, labs, a network of physician practices and much more. Throughout our system, skilled, compassionate professionals use the latest technology to change the way care is provided. If you’re looking to be a key contributor to a forward-looking organization, you’ll experience a wide variety of professional advantages: •Our vision for changing the future of health care gives you the opportunity to leverage your abilities to achieve something historic. •Our expansive system offers you an unmatched variety of clinical settings – from large urban trauma center to small rural hospital, ambulatory to home health. Our system also includes hospitals specializing in cancer, heart health and pediatrics. •Our many loc...ations also translate into a broad selection of exciting and rewarding lifestyle options – from the big city to the wide-open spaces. •Our commitment to healthcare innovation means you always have the latest technologies at your fingertips to help you provide the finest care possible. •The size, success and growth of our system provide you with the stability and options to pursue your desired career path. •Our competitive compensation and comprehensive benefits offer you options to complement your unique needs.