WORK SCHEDULE: Days: Monday – Friday (8:00AM to 4:30PM flexible based on business needs)
WORK TYPE: Full Time
Are you looking for an opportunity to make a difference in a patient’s life? Geisinger is hiring a Community Health Assistant (CHA) to work in the north east area. As a CHA, you will have the opportunity to work with a dynamic team while providing exceptional care to the patients you encounter. Our leaders encourage professional development and will strive to help you achieve your goals.
The Community Health Assistant is an instrumental member of a multidisciplinary team, working within the community providing outreach to patients with complex medical and social needs. The Community Health Assistant acts as a resource to assist patients in navigating the health care system. Serves to facilitate linkage to community resources that will enable the patient to obtain optimal health outcomes and remain safe in the community.
COMPETENCIES AND SKILLS:
· Demonstrates excellent communication skills
· Demonstrates the ability to perform multiple tasks simultaneously
· Ability to motivate and engage patients and the Health Care Team
· Ability to work with people from diverse backgrounds and experiences
· Ability to openly address and acknowledge observed issues and concerns
· Demonstrates proficiency in basic computer skills, including accurate keyboard entry of data into relevant computer based databases and spreadsheets
· Attention to detail, and ability to be flexible in performing a variety of tasks
· Demonstrated ability to complete projects within designated timelines and the ability to prioritize duties is required
· Demonstrates ability to use basic office equipment, computer, fax machine, copier, calculator, etc.
EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE:
· High School Diploma required.
· Three years of experience in community based outreach or demonstrated progressive advancement in responsibilities in healthcare setting such as clinic, hospital, etc. required.
· Valid PA Driver’s License required
· Prior experience in direct patient care
· Prior Experience in working with medically and socially complex individuals
WORKING CONDITIONS/PHYSICAL DEMANDS:
· Varies settings including but not limited to office, patient’s home, and hospital.
· Travel required, personal vehicle with mileage reimbursement. Access to company vehicle if available.
The specific statements shown in each section of this description are not intended to be all-inclusive. They represent typical elements considered necessary to successfully perform the job.
OUR PURPOSE & VALUES: Everything we do is about caring for our patients, our members, our students, our Geisinger family and our communities. KINDNESS: We strive to treat everyone as we would hope to be treated ourselves. EXCELLENCE: We treasure colleagues who humbly strive for excellence. LEARNING: We share our knowledge with the best and brightest to better prepare the caregivers for tomorrow. INNOVATION: We constantly seek new and better ways to care for our patients, our members, our community, and the nation.
One of the nation’s most innovative health services organizations, Geisinger serves more than 1.5 million patients in Pennsylvania and New Jersey. The system includes 13 hospital campuses, a nearly 600,000-member health plan, two research centers and the Geisinger Commonwealth School of Medicine. A physician-led organization, with approximately 32,000 employees and more than 1,800 employed physicians, Geisinger leverages an estimated $12.7 billion positive annual impact on the Pennsylvania and New Jersey economies. Repeatedly recognized nationally for integration, quality and service, Geisinger has a long-standing commitment to patient care, medical education, research and community service. For more information, visit geisinger.org or connect with us onFacebook, Instagram, LinkedInand Twitter.
** Does not qualify for J-1 waiver. We are an Affirmative Action, Equal Opportunity Employer Women and Minorities are Encouraged to Apply. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability or their protected veteran status.
*Domestic partner benefits not applicable at Geisinger Holy Spirit.
At Geisinger, our innovative ideas are inspired by the communities we serve – like our Fresh Food
Farmacy, a program that delivers life-saving healthy alternatives to patients with diabetes. With additional tools like our MyCode Community Health Initiative, one of the first health system genome sequencing
programs, and our new asthma app suite that we developed in partnership with AstraZeneca, it’s no wonder we’re ranked one of the Top 5 Most Innovative Healthcare Systems by Becker's Hospital Review. We continually work towards continuous improvement in a culture where everyone has a voice and firmly believe that better begins with all of us.
Founded more than 100 years ago, Geisinger serves more than three million residents throughout central, south-central and northeastern Pennsylvania and southern New Jersey. Our physician-led system is comprised of 30,000 employees, including 1,600 employed physicians, and consists of 13 hospital campuses, the Geisinger Health Plan, Geisinger Commonwealth School of Medicine and two research centers.
What you do at Geisinger shapes the future of health and improves lives – for our patients, communities, and you.