Provides initial contact and assessment for patients. Functions as a member of the psychiatry clinical team providing input regarding plan of care. Administers standardized measures and provides resources and information/education about plan of care to the patient and family. Serves as a consultant to clinical team about behavioral health issues and services as needed. Performs duties to provide the highest level of patient care and service.
SPECIFIC POSITION DUTIES
· Perform initial intake visits for families seeking care in the Department of Psychiatry.
· Utilization of standardized assessment measures initially to inform plan for coordination of care.
· Provide individualized plan for coordination of care based on assessments.
· Provide referrals to other community services, as needed.
· Work as part of a multi-disciplinary team within the Department of Psychiatry.
· Share relevant information with the multi-disciplinary team while protecting the patients’ rights to confidentiality.
· Support the multi-disciplinary team in the monitoring of treatment progress and outcomes.
· Participate in on-going clinical supervision/consultation
· Accountable for satisfying all job specific obligations and complying with all organization policies and procedures.
COMPENTENCIES AND SKILLS
· Demonstrates sound knowledge of mental health assessment, DSM 5 criteria, and therapeutic interventions.
· Demonstrates sound knowledge of evidenced-based treatments.
· Demonstrates excellent organizational and excellent written and oral communication skills.
· Demonstrates competence in time management and performance as a team member.
· Demonstrates personal maturity, flexibility and adaptability.
· Demonstrates basic knowledge of psychopharmacologic agents.
· Demonstrates knowledge of computer skills including Word and Excel.
EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE
Three years related experience
Master’s degree in related field
Master’s degree in Social Work
Required Certifications or Licensures:
Licensed Clinical Social Worker (LCSW)
WORKING CONDITIONS/PHYSCIAL DEMANDS
Work is typically performed in a clinical environment.
The specific statements shown in each section of this description are not intended to be all-inclusive. They represent typical elements considered necessary to successfully perform the job.
OUR PURPOSE & VALUES: Everything we do is about caring for our patients, our members, our students, our Geisinger family and our communities. KINDNESS: We strive to treat everyone as we would hope to be treated ourselves. EXCELLENCE: We treasure colleagues who humbly strive for excellence. LEARNING: We share our knowledge with the best and brightest to better prepare the caregivers for tomorrow. INNOVATION: We constantly seek new and better ways to care for our patients, our members, our community, and the nation.
One of the nation’s most innovative health services organizations, Geisinger serves more than 1.5 million patients in Pennsylvania and New Jersey. The system includes 13 hospital campuses, a nearly 600,000-member health plan, two research centers and the Geisinger Commonwealth School of Medicine. A physician-led organization, with approximately 32,000 employees and more than 1,800 employed physicians, Geisinger leverages an estimated $12.7 billion positive annual impact on the Pennsylvania and New Jersey economies. Repeatedly recognized nationally for integration, quality and service, Geisinger has a long-standing commitment to patient care, medical education, research and community service. For more information, visit geisinger.org or connect with us onFacebook, Instagram, LinkedInand Twitter.
** Does not qualify for J-1 waiver. We are an Affirmative Action, Equal Opportunity Employer Women and Minorities are Encouraged to Apply. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability or their protected veteran status.
*Domestic partner benefits not applicable at Geisinger Holy Spirit.
At Geisinger, our innovative ideas are inspired by the communities we serve – like our Fresh Food
Farmacy, a program that delivers life-saving healthy alternatives to patients with diabetes. With additional tools like our MyCode Community Health Initiative, one of the first health system genome sequencing
programs, and our new asthma app suite that we developed in partnership with AstraZeneca, it’s no wonder we’re ranked one of the Top 5 Most Innovative Healthcare Systems by Becker's Hospital Review. We continually work towards continuous improvement in a culture where everyone has a voice and firmly believe that better begins with all of us.
Founded more than 100 years ago, Geisinger serves more than three million residents throughout central, south-central and northeastern Pennsylvania and southern New Jersey. Our physician-led system is comprised of 30,000 employees, including 1,600 employed physicians, and consists of 13 hospital campuses, the Geisinger Health Plan, Geisinger Commonwealth School of Medicine and two research centers.
What you do at Geisinger shapes the future of health and improves lives – for our patients, communities, and you.