The Human Resources Generalist serves as a liaison and partner with assigned departments providing Human Resources & Relationship Management expertise to operations. S/he serves as the subject matter expert in employee relations / employment issues and partners with other areas of HR on issues relating to Organizational Development, Compensation, Benefits and Talent Management. Major duties and responsibilities include:
· Plans and conducts investigations of workplace policy violations
· Recommends policy changes to support operational needs and maintains functional knowledge of organizational business units
· Develops a network of contacts of internal and external stakeholders including frontlines leaders and HR/Relationship Management peers
· Develops a reputation as a neutral and approachable HR/Relationship Management professional serving employees and the organization
· Maintains a working knowledge of measurement concepts, data collection, statistics, HR and organization metrics and analysis
· Asks critical questions to prepare and interpret data studies and metrics; collects data to be used in developing a plan to communicate and address problems with assigned area
· Maintains general knowledge of ethical laws, standards, legislation and trends that may affect HR/Relationship Management practices
· Takes immediate appropriate action regarding reports of unethical behavior or conflicts of interest. Enforces processes to ensure confidentiality of employee and company information.
Competencies & Skills:
· Strong analytical and problem-solving skills with the ability to organize and analyze data, understand trends and develop recommendations for action
· Effective oral and written communication skills, excellent interpersonal skills, conflict resolution skills.
· Public speaking, facilitation and presentation skills required to conduct training and presentations to groups of various organizational level and size
· Proficient in Word and Excel.
Education & Experience:
Bachelor’s Degree in Human Resources or a relevant field and three (3) years of Human Resources experience
Master’s degree in Human Resource Management or similar field and two (2) years of HR experience
Annual (July to June) completion of 10 continuing education hours required
Professional Certification preferred
Experienced in a unionized environment preferred
Working Conditions / Physical Demands:
Work is typically performed in an office environment. Must be able to independently travel throughout the health system.
OUR PURPOSE & VALUES: Everything we do is about caring for our patients, our members, our students, our Geisinger family and our communities. KINDNESS: We strive to treat everyone as we would hope to be treated ourselves. EXCELLENCE: We treasure colleagues who humbly strive for excellence. LEARNING: We share our knowledge with the best and brightest to better prepare the caregivers for tomorrow. INNOVATION: We constantly seek new and better ways to care for our patients, our members, our community, and the nation.
GEISINGER-LEWISTOWN HOSPITAL: is a 123-bed acute care community hospital serving the 80,000 residents of Mifflin and Juniata counties and members of the contiguous counties of Centre, Perry, Snyder, and Huntingdon. Established in 1905, the hospital provides inpatient, outpatient, wellness and community services while employing over 1,000 full-time and part-time employees and providing a Medical Staff consisting of more than 150 physicians and allied health practitioners representing specialties ranging from family medicine, internal medicine, and cardiology to infectious disease and general/cardiovascular surgery.
One of the nation’s most innovative health services organizations, Geisinger serves more than 1.5 million patients in Pennsylvania and New Jersey. The system includes 13 hospital campuses, a nearly 600,000-member health plan, two research centers and the Geisinger Commonwealth School of Medicine. A physician-led organization, with approximately 32,000 employees and more than 1,800 employed physicians, Geisinger leverages an estimated $12.7 billion positive annual impact on the Pennsylvania and New Jersey economies. Repeatedly recognized nationally for integration, quality and service, Geisinger has a long-standing commitment to patient care, medical education, research and community service. For more information, visit geisinger.org or connect with us onFacebook, Instagram, LinkedInand Twitter.
** Does not qualify for J-1 waiver. We are an Affirmative Action, Equal Opportunity Employer Women and Minorities are Encouraged to Apply. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability or their protected veteran status.
*Domestic partner benefits not applicable at Geisinger Holy Spirit.
At Geisinger, our innovative ideas are inspired by the communities we serve – like our Fresh Food
Farmacy, a program that delivers life-saving healthy alternatives to patients with diabetes. With additional tools like our MyCode Community Health Initiative, one of the first health system genome sequencing
programs, and our new asthma app suite that we developed in partnership with AstraZeneca, it’s no wonder we’re ranked one of the Top 5 Most Innovative Healthcare Systems by Becker's Hospital Review. We continually work towards continuous improvement in a culture where everyone has a voice and firmly believe that better begins with all of us.
Founded more than 100 years ago, Geisinger serves more than three million residents throughout central, south-central and northeastern Pennsylvania and southern New Jersey. Our physician-led system is comprised of 30,000 employees, including 1,600 employed physicians, and consists of 13 hospital campuses, the Geisinger Health Plan, Geisinger Commonwealth School of Medicine and two research centers.
What you do at Geisinger shapes the future of health and improves lives – for our patients, communities, and you.