This position strategically provides patient inbound and outbound contact support in a fast paced and dynamic environment.
The coordinator is responsible to hold engaging conversations with patients, anticipate questions, actively share information in patient friendly language, build a positive rapport and can handle problematic interactions.
The coordinator takes a global approach in resolving problems and actively looks for improvement opportunities for our patients.
MAJOR DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
1. Provides "one-stop" service for Geisinger patients by providing in-depth knowledge as well as being an advocate for any issues or concerns related to Revenue Management processes and functions.
2. Performs all accounts receivable functions within Revenue Management to include, but not limited to the collection of cash, resolution of accounts, application of discounts, setup and management of monthly installment plans, communication of and assistance with financial assistance programs. Validation of self-pay account status and insurance billing when necessary, and management of undeliverable patient statements while ensuring compliance with departmental policies, state and federal regulations as well as maintaining a positive patient experience.
3. Works in conjunction with other areas within Revenue Management and Geisinger to ensure coordinated activities with respect to all revenue management needs and patient satisfaction.
4. Works closely with various levels of staff, customers and management to assist in determining technical solutions to meet business needs. Educates patients on billing, insurance and regulatory issues of all complexity levels.
5. Works in various billing systems to support the migration of new mergers and acquisitions.
6. Maintain compliance with Federal and State Regulations as well as internal policies.
7. Identifies areas were improvements can be made and takes the initiative to manage up recommendations diplomatically.
8. Completes necessary assigned reports or projects and is held accountable for the tasks.
9. Mentors/coaches less senior team members to enhance their skillsets, broaden their knowledge base and promote career growth.
SPECIFIC POSITION DUTIES:
Accountable for satisfying all job specific obligations and complying with all organization policies and procedures
COMPETENCIES AND SKILLS:
• Knowledge of and ability to implement effective strategies and activities that promote long-term customer loyalty. • Knowledge of practices, tools, and techniques for communicating with a customer. • Demonstrates competence in organizational, interpersonal, verbal and written communication skills • Familiarity with organization's policies, standards and procedures guiding customer interactions. • Demonstrates proficient organizational, interpersonal, verbal and written communication skills • Demonstrated ability to enhance and achieve customer satisfaction, that is, the feeling that a product or service has met the customer expectation.
EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE:
Required Experience: Minimum 1 year related work experience.
Preferred Experience: Minimum 1 year customer service
Required Education: High School Diploma or GED.
Preferred Education: Bachelor’s degree in related field.
Required Certifications or Licensures:
WORKING CONDITIONS/PHYSICAL DEMANDS:
Work is typically performed in an office environment.
The specific statements shown in each section of this description are not intended to be all-inclusive. They represent typical elements considered necessary to successfully perform the job.
OUR PURPOSE & VALUES: Everything we do is about caring for our patients, our members, our students, our Geisinger family and our communities. KINDNESS: We strive to treat everyone as we would hope to be treated ourselves. EXCELLENCE: We treasure colleagues who humbly strive for excellence. LEARNING: We share our knowledge with the best and brightest to better prepare the caregivers for tomorrow. INNOVATION: We constantly seek new and better ways to care for our patients, our members, our community, and the nation.
One of the nation’s most innovative health services organizations, Geisinger serves more than 1.5 million patients in Pennsylvania and New Jersey. The system includes 13 hospital campuses, a nearly 600,000-member health plan, two research centers and the Geisinger Commonwealth School of Medicine. A physician-led organization, with approximately 32,000 employees and more than 1,800 employed physicians, Geisinger leverages an estimated $12.7 billion positive annual impact on the Pennsylvania and New Jersey economies. Repeatedly recognized nationally for integration, quality and service, Geisinger has a long-standing commitment to patient care, medical education, research and community service. For more information, visit geisinger.org or connect with us onFacebook, Instagram, LinkedInand Twitter.
** Does not qualify for J-1 waiver. We are an Affirmative Action, Equal Opportunity Employer Women and Minorities are Encouraged to Apply. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability or their protected veteran status.
*Domestic partner benefits not applicable at Geisinger Holy Spirit.
At Geisinger, our innovative ideas are inspired by the communities we serve – like our Fresh Food
Farmacy, a program that delivers life-saving healthy alternatives to patients with diabetes. With additional tools like our MyCode Community Health Initiative, one of the first health system genome sequencing
programs, and our new asthma app suite that we developed in partnership with AstraZeneca, it’s no wonder we’re ranked one of the Top 5 Most Innovative Healthcare Systems by Becker's Hospital Review. We continually work towards continuous improvement in a culture where everyone has a voice and firmly believe that better begins with all of us.
Founded more than 100 years ago, Geisinger serves more than three million residents throughout central, south-central and northeastern Pennsylvania and southern New Jersey. Our physician-led system is comprised of 30,000 employees, including 1,600 employed physicians, and consists of 13 hospital campuses, the Geisinger Health Plan, Geisinger Commonwealth School of Medicine and two research centers.
What you do at Geisinger shapes the future of health and improves lives – for our patients, communities, and you.