The James J. Peters VA Medical Center is seeking a highly qualified Physician to provide fee basis Compensation and Pension (C&P) exams in our Administrative Medicine Department.
The incumbent will be required to review electronic medical records, perform histories and physicals and review laboratory, radiology and any other special studies. The incumbent will be expected to perform Compensation and Pension exams involving general medicine and specialties including Neurology, ENT and GYN. The incumbent should have experience with SHA (separation health assessment) and IDES (Integrated Disability Evaluation System) exams. Incumbent is expected to meet VA performance standards for timeliness, quality and customer service.
**Desired training in VA Compensation and a minimum of 1 year experience in the field preferred.
Work Schedule: Days and hours may vary depending on the needs of the service
Title: Physician - Fee BasisBasic Requirements:
- Citizenship of the United States. Noncitizens may be appointed when it is not possible to recruit qualified citizens in accordance with Department of Veterans Affairs policy.
- Degree of doctor of medicine or an equivalent degree resulting from a course of education in medicine or osteopathic medicine. The degree must have been obtained from one of the schools approved by the Department of Veterans Affairs for the year in which the course of study was completed.
- Current, full and unrestricted license to practice medicine or surgery in a State, Territory, or Commonwealth of the United States, or in the District of Columbia.
- Completion of a first-year residency, or its equivalent, approved by the Department of Veterans Affairs for the year in which it was completed.
- Proficiency in spoken and written English.
- Physical requirements outlined below.
Physical Requirements:?, All applicants must meet the physical standards for the position. A physical examination prior to employment may be required. In the process of providing patient care, the work involves regular and recurring periods of walking, standing, sitting, bending, pulling, lifting, reaching and carrying. Manual dexterity is required to operate medical equipment and perform activities such as surgery, treatments and computerized medical record documentation. All applicants are required to submit the following supporting document type(s):
- Desired training in VACompensation and a minimum of 1 year experience in performing Compensation and Pension exams preferred.
Experience refers to paid and unpaid experience, including volunteer work done through National Service programs (e.g., Peace Corps, AmeriCorps) and other organizations (e.g., professional; philanthropic; religions; spiritual; community; student; social). Volunteer work helps build critical competencies, knowledge, and skills and can provide valuable training and experience that translates directly to paid employment. You will receive credit for all qualifying experience, including volunteer experience.
Reference: VA Regulations, specifically VA Handbook 5005, Part II, Appendix G-2 Physician Qualification Standard. This can be found in the local Human Resources Office.
Applicants may also submit the following supporting document type(s),which may not be required for all applicants:
*Other Veterans Document
Please use this checklist to ensure you have included other documents required for your application, such as a copy of your transcript (if using education to qualify), documentation to support Veterans Preference claims, etc. You will not be contacted for additional information.
Veterans' Preference: When applying for Federal Jobs, eligible Veterans should claim preference for 5pt (TP), or 10pt (CP/CPS, XPP, XP), or for Sole Survivor Preference (SSP), on the Occupational Questionnaire in the section(s) provided. A legible copy of your DD214(s) indicating character of service, disability certification, SF-15 (if claiming 10 pt. preference) or if you are currently serving on active duty and expected to be released or discharged within 120 days; documentation related to your active duty service which reflects the dates of service, character of service (honorable, general, etc.), or dates of impending separation. Documentation is required for eligibility verification.
Faxing Applications or Supporting Documents: You are encouraged to apply online. Applying online will allow you to review and track the status of your application. If you are unable to apply online or unable to upload your supporting documents to your online application, follow the directions located at the following site: Fax Options. The Vacancy ID of the job opportunity announcement is 1960729.
NOTE: If you applied online and your application is complete, do not fax the paper application (1203-FX) as this will overwrite your prior online responses and may result in you being found ineligible.