Please Note: Incumbent will providecoverage for the Frederick,MD Fort Detrick Community Based Outpatient Clinic(CBOC) along with the Hagerstown, MD, Stephens City VA, Cumberland, MD, Franklin, WV and Petersburg, WVCBOCS and the Martinsburg, WV VA Medical Center. Travel may be required.
Tour of Duty: Hours will vary Monday-Friday/Occasional weekend hours
This position will be located in Primary Care service and will report directly to the Chief of Primary Care.
Duties will include:
- evaluation and treatment of the following body systems: skin, eye, ear, nose, throat, cardiovascular, respiratory, digestive, urologic, reproductive, nervous, endocrine, musculoskeletal and hematology
- initial and ongoing assessment of patient's medical, physical and psychosocial status
- obtain and document a comprehensive medical and psychological history and physical examination
- order appropriate diagnostic tests
- review and interpret laboratory and take appropriate action
- formulates and record diagnostic impressions
- refer patient to consultations with specialty clinics
- provide medical advice to patients, families and community health providers by telephone
- manage chronic medical problems
- manage minor acute medical problems
- enter orders into CPRS for medications, consults, testing etc
- other duties as assigned
Preferred experience: Board eligible or Board certified Basic Requirements:
- Degree of doctor of medicine or an equivalent degree resulting from a course of education in medicine or osteopathic medicine.
- Current, full and unrestricted license to practice medicine or surgery in a State, Territory, or Commonwealth of the United States, or in the District of Columbia.
Experience refers to paid and unpaid experience, including volunteer work done through National Service programs (e.g., Peace Corps, AmeriCorps) and other organizations (e.g., professional; philanthropic; religions; spiritual; community; student; social). Volunteer work helps build critical competencies, knowledge, and skills and can provide valuable training and experience that translates directly to paid employment. You will receive credit for all qualifying experience, including volunteer experience.
Reference: VA Regulations, specifically VA Handbook 5005, Part II, Appendix G-2 Physician Qualification Standard. This can be found in the local Human Resources Office.
The work requires some physical exertion including periods of walking, standing, regular and recurring bending, stooping, lifting heavy objects such as assisting patients on and off examination tables.All applicants are required to submit the following supporting document type(s):
Applicants may also submit the following supporting document type(s),which may not be required for all applicants:
*Executive Core Qualifications (ECQs)
*Other Veterans Document
Please use this checklist to ensure you have included other documents required for your application, such as a copy of your transcript (if using education to qualify), documentation to support Veterans Preference claims, etc. You will not be contacted for additional information.
Veterans' Preference: When applying for Federal Jobs, eligible Veterans should claim preference for 5pt (TP), or 10pt (CP/CPS, XPP, XP), or for Sole Survivor Preference (SSP), on the Occupational Questionnaire in the section(s) provided. A legible copy of your DD214(s) indicating character of service, disability certification, SF-15 (if claiming 10 pt. preference) or if you are currently serving on active duty and expected to be released or discharged within 120 days; documentation related to your active duty service which reflects the dates of service, character of service (honorable, general, etc.), or dates of impending separation. Documentation is required for eligibility verification.
Faxing Applications or Supporting Documents: You are encouraged to apply online. Applying online will allow you to review and track the status of your application. If you are unable to apply online or unable to upload your supporting documents to your online application, follow the directions located at the following site: Fax Options. The Vacancy ID of the job opportunity announcement is 1572914.
NOTE: If you applied online and your application is complete, do not fax the paper application (1203-FX) as this will overwrite your prior online responses and may result in you being found ineligible.