A Physician in the Alaska VA Healthcare System who will be located at the Fairbanks Community Based Outpatient Clinic (CBOC) located in Bassett Army Community Hospital, Ft. Wainwright, Alaska will practice as an independent care provider who is highly skilled in the management of a patient's primary care needs or sub specialty evaluation and treatment. Duties of this position include but are not limited to the following:
- Maintain proficiency with the latest medical treatments and procedures.
- A Team Practice model has been developed with each patient identified and placed with primary care provider and on an outpatient team.
The selected candidate will be board certified or eligible in Internal Medicine or Family Medicine.
The selected candidate will work Monday - Friday, from 8:00 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. (may be negotiable).
Position Description/Functional Statement: 000000
PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS: Moderate lifting (15 - 44 lbs); Moderate carrying (15 - 44 lbs); Straight pulling (up to 1 hour); Pulling hand over hand (up to 1 hour); Use of fingers; Both hands required; Walking (up to 4 hours); Standing (up to 4 hours); Repeated bending (up to 4 hours); Both legs required; Ability for rapid mental and muscular coordination simultaneously; Near vision correctable at 13" to 16" to Jaeger 1 to 4; Far vision correctable in one eye to 20/20 and to 20/40 in the other; Both eyes required; Depth perception; Ability to distinguish basic colors; Ability to distinguish shades of color; Hearing (aid permitted); Emotional/mental stability.
In order to qualify for this position you must meet the following:
- U.S. Citizenship
- Must be proficient in written and spoken English.
- Degree of doctor of medicine or an equivalent degree resulting from a course of education in medicine or osteopathic medicine.
- Current, full and unrestricted license to practice medicine or surgery in a State, Territory, or Commonwealth of the United States, or in the District of Columbia.
- Must be board certified or eligible in Internal Medicine or Family Medicine.
- Background in ongoing outpatient primary care clinics.
- Board certification in Internal Medicine/Family Medicine.
Reference: VA Handbook 5005/27, Part II, Appendix G-2 PHYSICIAN QUALIFICATION STANDARD http://www.va.gov/ohrm/joblistings/VAQualStds.doc
IN DESCRIBING YOUR EXPERIENCE, PLEASE BE CLEAR AND SPECIFIC. WE MAY NOT MAKE ASSUMPTIONS REGARDING YOUR EXPERIENCE.
Veterans' Preference: When applying for Federal Jobs, eligible Veterans should claim preference on the Occupational Questionnaire in the section provided and provide a legible copy of your DD-214(s), SF-15 (as applicable) and/or documentation related to your active duty service which shows dates of service, character of service (honorable, general, etc.), or dates of impending separation.For more information, please review the information for disabled Veterans in the applicationchecklist or visit http://www.fedshirevets.gov/job/vetpref/index.aspx.
If you are a male applicant who was born after 12/31/59 and are required to register under the Military Selective Service Act, the Defense Authorization Act of 1986 requires that you be registered or you are not eligible for appointment in this agency. For more information, see http://www.sss.gov/
All applicants are required to submit the following supporting document type(s):
Applicants may also submit the following supporting document type(s),which may not be required for all applicants:
*Other(VA Form 10-2850 - Application for Physicians, Dentists, Podiatrists, Optometrists, and Chiropractors )
VA Form 10-2850 - Application for Physicians, Dentists, Podiatrists, Optometrists, and Chiropractors is available at http://www.va.gov/vaforms/medical/pdf/vha-10-2850-fill.pdf (Required form)
OF-0306 - Declaration for Federal Employment is available at http://www.opm.gov/forms/pdf_fill/of0306.pdf (Required form)
Current Resume/CV (Required)
Faxing Applications or Supporting Documents:
You are encouraged to apply online.Applying online will allow you to review and track the status of your application.
NOTE:If you applied online and your application is complete,do not fax the paper application (1203FX - Occupational Questionnaire Form) as this will overwrite your prior online responses and may result in you being found ineligible.
If you completed the occupational questionnaire online and are unable to upload supporting document(s):
1. To fax your documents, you must use the following cover page http://staffing.opm.gov/pdf/usascover.pdf and provide the required information.The Vacancy ID is 1945474
2. Fax your documents to 1-478-757-3144.
If you are unable to apply online by 11:59 PM (EST) on TAG:Closing Date, please contact the point of contact listed in the announcement.
To complete the occupational questionnaire and submit via fax:
1. Click the following link to view and print the occupational questionnaire View Occupational Questionnaire.
2. Print the 1203FX form, follow the instructions and provide your responses to the occupational questionnaire items http://www.opm.gov/forms/pdfimage/opm1203fx.pdf.
3. Fax the completed 1203FX form along with any supporting documents to 1-478-757-3144.Your 1203FX will serve as a cover page for your fax transmission.