The Clinical Psychiatrist is located at theMAT-SU CBOCand is accountable to the Chief of Psychiatryand works under the clinical supervision of the Clinic Nurse Manager. The Psychiatrist must possess the ability to work independently and autonomously. ThePsychiatrist ensures adequate availability of resources to effectively operate the services within his or her area of responsibility and utilize them effectively and efficiently. Examples may include, but are not limited to workload, productivity and panel management. The Psychiatrist guarantees that applicable quality measures are maintained at an acceptable level as defined by the Performance Measures Technical Manual and other applicable standards or guidelines. He or she is responsible for the day to day operational issues in the practice of psychiatry at the MAT-SU Valley CBOC. Must maintain clinical privileges and clinical competencies by providing direct psychiatric services at some or all of the Alaska VA Healthcare System sites as well as part of their duties via Tel-mental Health. The Psychiatrist develops operational strategies to ensure organizational goals are met relative to their areas of responsibilities.
Work Schedule: Monday - Friday, from 7:30 a.m. - 4:00 p.m. Some evenings and weekends may be required, as well as some on-call responsibilities.
Functional Statement Title/#: Physician (Psychiatrist).
Experience refers to paid and unpaid experience, including volunteer work done through National Service programs (e.g., Peace Corps, AmeriCorps) and other organizations (e.g., professional; philanthropic; religious; spiritual; community; student; social). Volunteer Work helps build critical competencies, knowledge, and skills and can provide valuable training and experience that translates directly to paid employment. You will receive credit for all qualifying experience, including volunteer experience.
PREFERRED EXPERIENCE: Board Certified or Board Eligible in Psychiatry; the Psychiatrist is an independent care provider who is highly skilled in the evaluation and treatment of mental health needs.
Reference: VA Handbook 5005, Part II, Appendix G2, PHYSICIAN QUALIFICATION STANDARD, dated April 15, 2002.
Salary determination will bemade by Professional Standard Board of your peers and based on your education, experience, and professional accomplishments.
Physical Requirements: Moderate lifting (15-44 lbs); Moderate carrying (15-44 lbs); Straight pulling (1 hour); Pulling hand over hand (1 hour); Use of fingers; both hands required; Walking (4 hours); Standing (4 hours); Repeated bending (4 hours); both legs required; Ability for rapid mental and muscular coordination simultaneously; Near vision correctable at 13" to 16" to Jaeger 1 to 4; Far vision correctable in one eye to 20/20 and to 20/40 in the other; Both eyes required; Depth perception; Ability to distinguish basic colors; Ability to distinguish shades of color; Hearing (aid permitted); Emotional/mental stability.
DESIGNATED DRUG-TESTING POSITION: Applicants tentatively selected for VA employment in a testing designated position are subject to urinalysis to screen for illegal drug use prior to appointment. Applicants who refuse to be tested will be denied employment with VA. Applicants will not be appointed to the position if a verified positive drug test result is received.
If you are a male applicant who was born after 12/31/59 and are required to register under the Military Selective Service Act, the Defense Authorization Act of 1986 requires that you be registered or you are not eligible for appointment in this agency. For more information, see http://www.sss.gov.
INCOMPLETE APPLICATIONS will receive a rating of IDMA or IFM (ineligible due to missing/incomplete forms). Requests for reconsideration of ratings will not be considered for applicants who fail to submit a complete application package.
1. Current/Updated Resume - Work experience (NOTE: you must include the following information in order to receive credit for your experience):
- Names and addresses of employers.
- Your job title.
- The beginning and ending month and year of your employment.
- A description of your duties that is sufficiently detailed to document the level of your experience. If the position is (was) with the Federal government (military or civilian), state the series and grade or pay grade (rank) and the date of last promotion. If the position is (was) in the private sector, please include salary and/or hourly wage.
- The average hours worked per week. Full-time work is considered to be 35-40 hours of work per week. Part-time experience will be credited on the basis of time actually spent in appropriate activities. Applicants wishing to receive credit for such experience must indicate clearly the number of hours a week spent in such employment. Your supervisor's name and phone number (indicate if we may call your supervisor).
- Education: Name, location, and dates of attendance for colleges attended (if required). Type and date of degree received (if any).
- Other: Training, license(s), or certification(s) relevant to the position.
Do not submit letters of recommendation, performance appraisals, position descriptions, examples of your work, etc. in lieu of a resume. This additional information will NOT be forwarded to the hiring facility/manager.
2. OF-306 - Declaration for Federal Employment is available at http://www.opm.gov/forms/pdf_fill/of0306.pdf (required).
3. VA Form 10-2850 - Application for Physicians, Dentists, Podiatrists, Optometrists, and Chiropractors is available at http://www.va.gov/vaforms/medical/pdf/vha-10-2850-fill.pdf (required).
MUST BE INCLUDED IF APPLICABLE:
4. All current and former Federal employees must submit a copy of your latest NON-AWARD SF-50 (Notification of Personnel Action) showing your tenure, grade and step, and type of position occupied (i.e. Excepted or Competitive).
5. All Veterans must submit a copy of your DD-214. Your copies must be legible and must show character of service and all dates of service; more than one DD-214 may be needed to show all dates of service.
6. Disabled Veterans and other Veterans eligible for preference must also submit an SF-15 with the required VA letter certifying a service connected disability of 10% or more dated 1991 or later, from the Department of Veterans Affairs or from a branch of the Armed Forces.
**It is the applicant's responsibility to verify that all information in their resume and documents, whether uploaded or faxed, are received, legible, andaccurate. HR will not modify answers/documents submitted by an applicant.**